I’ve tried a lot of mascaras over the years, but I’ve only just heard of bareMinerals mascara. Who’dve thunk, eh? I’ve been sat on my arse thinking they just do foundations and other skin-based makeup and didn’t even think to check out their eye goodies. And I’m glad I did – this bareMinerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara has impressed the hell out of me. Here’s a few reasons why I love it:
- It gives great volume and length. Once coat looks great, very natural for work, 2 coats gives a dramatic impact, 3 and I almost take flight when I bat my lashes.
- It doesn’t clump, like, at all. Maybe that’s because the formula is quite dry, I don’t know.
- It dries quickly, so I don’t have to worry if I need to clean up any mistakes I’ve made. I can just give it a minute and then clean up with a cotton swab.
- It doesn’t gloop everywere. This is a huge and gross problem I have – a lot of mascaras leave goop in my eyes. Hideous, I know. But this one doesn’t. It’s by far the cleanest I’ve used.
- To add to that point, it stays put all day. I find that most non-waterproof mascaras will smudge and give me panda eyes, but this one doesn’t, even if I give my eyes a good ol’ rub.
- It’s easy to remove at the end of the day, which you wouldn’t think from such a stay-put mascara. One cotton pad covered in micellar water does the job nicely, and…
- …it doesn’t irritate my eyes! Hurrah!
An overall winner from bareMinerals, a brand I haven’t really explored (watch this space…).
I wouldn’t mind a little more length/curl, and apparently the formula expires after 3 months (which isn’t really bad considering mascara should be thrown away after that amount of time anyway), so I’m giving it 9/10.
Have you tried bareMinerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara?